Helping Injured Workers' Get The Benefits They Need For Over 30 Years

Do I Need a Lawyer for Work Injury?

On Behalf of | Oct 12, 2021 | Workplace Injuries |

When you’ve been hurt at work, your employer is nearly always required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover the treatment of your injuries. Usually, this means that you cannot sue your employer for this. However, there are still many circumstances under which hiring a lawyer would be a sensible thing to do. Whether or not to hire a lawyer when you’ve been hurt at work will depend mostly upon the severity of your injuries and the type of work environment in which you are employed.

Reasons You Should Hire a Lawyer

If you were injured in a work setting in which there is heavy, malfunctioning equipment, or if you work with independent contractors whose actions may have played a role in your injuries, you should hire a lawyer. This is because there are parties other than your employer whose negligence may have caused the accident. You should also hire a lawyer if:

  • You will be off work for long
  • Have an injury severe enough to put you in the hospital
  • There’s any question about the cause of the accident or who was responsible
  • The injuries you received involve expensive treatment

Helping with the Claim Process

A workers’ injury lawyer can also help you deal with the often complex workers’
compensation claim process. Your employer’s insurance company may not offer you a settlement that is adequate to cover all of the expenses related to your injury or may give you a difficult time with the claim. When that’s the case, a work injury lawyer can give you a more powerful voice in the matter and can use their specialized knowledge of the claim process to make it go smoothly.

Speak with a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today

If you have been injured at work or have been denied workers’ compensation benefits, do not take chances. Take the first step towards recovering the benefits you deserve. Schedule an appointment with a work injury lawyer in Saint Louis Park or Hennepin County, Minnesota today by
calling Thill and Freeman at (952) 512-7512.