Helping Injured Workers' Get The Benefits They Need For Over 30 Years

Knowledgeable Legal Assistance For Filing Your Workers’ Compensation Claim

If you or a loved one was injured on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation. However, in order to obtain this benefit, you need to follow a complex and highly technical procedure.

For over 30 years, attorney Mark Freeman of Thill & Freeman, PLLC, in Minnesota has helped injured workers navigate the entire workers’ compensation process to obtain their rightful benefits. Time is of the essence to get the needed resources you need to get the medical treatment you require, pay the medical bills and recover your lost wages. Our goal is to assist you in expediting the claim process and maximizing your compensation. We are convinced that your only concern should be your welfare.

The Process To Obtain Workers’ Comp And How We Can Help

After your on-the-job injury, you can start the workers’ compensation claim process as follows:

  • Your welfare is the priority: Seek emergency medical attention after the accident even if you do not have visible wounds or feel ill.
  • Report your accident: Inform your supervisor and employer of your accident as soon as possible to start the relevant paperwork.
  • Provide accurate and detailed information about your accident: Your employer should fill out a First Report of Injury (FROI) with details of your accident and injuries sustained within 10 days of your notification.
  • Keep a record of all documents: From medical bills to your FROI copy, carefully archive these documents to back up your situation.

When the insurance carrier accepts your claim, you will receive a payment to cover reasonable and necessary medical expenses and wage loss.

Not Receiving The Expected Benefits After Filing A Claim?

If your claim is denied, the insurance carrier should send a Notice of Insurer’s Primary Liability Determination form to substantiate their decision. You can dispute a denial of benefits by filing a petition for a determination on that part of your claim. At Thill & Freeman, PLLC, we can help you prepare your claim effectively to protect your right to compensation. We can step in if your benefits are wrongly denied.

While any job-related injury is eligible for workers’ comp benefits, the compensation provided is not always fair or sufficient. If your claim was denied or if you have concerns about the benefits you are receiving, call us to learn about your legal options.

Let Us Address Your Concerns

Get an honest evaluation of your situation in a free consultation. Call our office at 952-232-1752 or contact us via our online intake form. Tell us about your concerns and we’ll tell you how we can help. We offer powerful help for when you’ve been injured at work.